Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Records

Hordes of ChaosKREATOR - Hordes of Chaos (2009)
Ok, this Kreator record has been widespread on the web those last two months, so I guess most of you guys have had a chance to listen to it before its official release in January (UE). This review cannot be objective as I am a big Kreator fan, especially the latest records, beginning with the Violent Revolution album. I was expecting this record to be kind of the same as Enemy of God, and I was kind of surprised. Indeed, the songs are still built on the same thrash basis Intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/solo etc, and the riffs could not be more Kreator...so what is new? Well I've been really surprised by the voice of Petrozza, which is way more high pitched than we were used to. For this reason the first shot I gave to this record has been disastrous because our favourite Mille sometimes sound really Core, and I hate everything that's core, especially those high pitched voices. But I got used to it and once this barrier has been jumped, the record is really excellent. The very principle to have a chorus that only consists on the song title is a concept that always seduced me, and this is the case here! Here are for me the best songs of the record: Hordes of Chaos, Warcurse and Radical Resistance.
Give them a try here, on the official Myspace



Evisceration PlagueCANNIBAL CORPSE - Evisceration Plague (2009)
I will not tell you much about this record because I really want everyone to have their own mind about it; but what I know from experience, each new Cannibal Corpse album triggers a debate within old and new CC fans. I guess this gap comes from the differences between Corpsegrinder and Chris Barnes as far as vocals are concerned. I personnaly like both of them, and even if early CC sound awsome to me, I have a slight preference for the recent records, especially because of the production.Note that this latest record, Evisceration Plague has been recorded and Produced by Erick Ruthan (Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal), who was already responsible for the Kill record. So, give it a try, and do not hesitate to post comments! I have embedded the Evisceration Plague song for you to listen ;-)
Give them a try here, on the official Myspace



0 commentaires:

Post a Comment